Sunday, January 8, 2012

PURA VIDA PICHILEMU

Hello Everyone!!
Once again I am coaching a swim team and teaching all levels of swim classes in Pichilemu Chile at the YWAM base here...sharing the love of Christ and the Power of God with Kids and adults.  The time I have spent here over the last few years has been life-changing and I want that to be the case for everyone who walks through the doors of Pura Vida Pichilemu. The path that God brought be down during my DTS is still  felt in my life today, and I am very grateful. It's hard to leave my life in Colorado every year, i really miss my family and friends and the snowflakes falling from the sky, but call to make disciples in this little surf town and the coast of Chile tugs on my heart all year long.

More of my details of life this year and year previous later, because I have to go to church in 12 minutes.

I arrived safe and sound to Pichilemu. Easy flights, easy layover in Dallas where my brother and I talked on the phone about new years resolutions (I finally came up with one from his inspiration: Crap, or get off the pot...don't mess around, do what you wanna do!)  I sat in the VERY MIDDLE of the 767...goo. I sat next to a girl who is coming to Patagonia to interview a few towns about the environmental impact of a dam that the government wants to put in...very fascinating.  WHen i got the the airport I ran into a family from YWAM and caught a ride to the base! no need to take the 4 hour bus, as fascinating as that is, i was tired of sitting in a warn out seat and just wanted to get to my destination.  I started coaching and teaching the very next day, and OH MAN, the water is COLD!! It has been overcast so the sun energy required to heat the hoses that pump water out of the pool, through about 400 feet of black hose coils, and back into the pool, have been useless.  holy smokes.  AND there are about 7 people from an LA team here helping in the pool and they use the wetsuits, so Juliette and I tough it out in our swimsuits, but it doesn't start to really affect me till about 5 minutes til the end of the class when the goosebumps just won't go away.  Pray for sun during the week!! it's been sunny all weekend!
Yesterday was SuperSabado and I helped teach 7 girls a new dance, then got in the pool and played with them.  It is a great opportunity to show kids the love of God and show them that there are people who really care about them and want to spend time with them.  I have been helping with Super Sabado every saturday since I arrived in 2009....and the kids just flock here for free pool time, crazy big kids to play soccer or volleyball with, or the opportunity to dance and do arts and crafts.
Then we went to the beach, played some beach vball and got in the ocean.  What a great first few days!!!

More to come soon, time to get going.

I brought my friends James a 4 pound jar of peanut butter so he made me pancakes...a little comfort food in the world of bread and bland cheese.

God Bless You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment